Search This Blog

Monday, February 28, 2011

2011 Oscar Makeup Favorites!

I always love watching the Oscars not only because I love movies, but also for all of the gorgeous hair & makeup!  The gowns and jewels are 2nd on my list ;)

This year we saw a lot of dress color and also plenty of brown/bronze smokey eyes and red lips!  Award season usually sets the tone for the year's makeup trends.  I must say, I'm excited to recreate some of the beautiful looks.  

With so many to chose from it was hard to pick the top 5!  Chanel was responsible for many of these flawless beauties.  Other favorites included; Halle Berry, Melissa Leo, & Hailee Steinfield.  I loved Hailee's age appropriate makeup!  

Jennifer's beauty breakdown coming soon!


Mila's Beauty Breakdown:
Face: For a flawless canvas, her makeup artist Tracey Levy prepped Mila's skin with Lancôme Teint Miracle Lit-from-Within Foundation ($37), then applied Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourose ($30) to the apples of Mila's cheeks.

Eyes: Mila's eyes received a double dose of shadow. Levy layered shades from Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Coral Crush ($48) and Color Design Eye Shadow in Impress on the lids, and lined Mila's top and bottom lash lines with Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Black ($25). She finished with two coats of Hypnôse Waterproof Custom Volume Mascara in Black ($25) on both the upper and lower lids.

Lips: Levy used Color Fever Gloss in Blazing Pink ($26), followed by La Laque Fever Lipshine in Lucent Nude ($27).

From Anne's makeup artist, Kate Lee: 

“For a base, I used CHANEL Vitalumiere Fluid Makeup in Limpide, which I used throughout the show. For concelear, I used Kanebo Brush Type Concealer in CB 1 Light. To create a fresh glow on her cheeks, I used CHANEL Joues Contraste Blush in Fresque, and defined cheek bones with Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder in Medium. I created a black line created with Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in Black Ink. The eye socket was defined withIllamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Truth, and I applied CHANEL Inimitable Mascara in Noir. On her lips, I used CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rivoli, and lightly powdered over her mouth for a matte effect. In between changes I used By Terry Rose Salve to remove lip colors and keep lips fresh.”

From Michelle's makeup artist, Jeanine Lobell:  “Michelle’s skin is so fresh and beautiful. I applied CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra Light Skin Perfecting Makeup in B10, which allows her skin to shine though the makeup, creating a fresh look. I set the makeup with CHANEL Natural Finished Press Pressed Powder in Translucent 1. For eyes, we went for a light, ethereal smoky look mixing the shades in the CHANEL Quadra Eyeshadow in Smoky Eyes. I used the silvery shade as a base, and then used the pewter shade, taking it from the lash line up into the crease, adding shape to the eye. I then smudged the same shade in the lower lash line. I used the black shade, blended into the pewter, as a liner. I applied a few individual lashes in the center, and a lot of CHANEL Inimitable Waterproof Mascara in Noir on the top and bottom. I used the CHANEL Precision Brow Definer in Blond Claire to define the brow. To create a glowing pink cheek, I applied CHANEL Blush Duo Tweed Effect in Pink Tweed. I mixed her lip colour, CHANEL Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rose Dentelle, with a bit of the Vitalumiere Aqua foundation, which creates the effect of the lips blending into the face.”

Mandy's Beauty Breakdown:

Face: NARS PRO-PRIME Pore REfining Primer, NARS Sheer Matte Foundatoin, NARS Copacabana Illuminator

Eyes: NARS PRO-PRIME Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, NARS Corfu Cream Eyeshadow, NARS Coconut Grove Eyeshadow, NARS Larger Than Life Volumizing Mascara

Lips: Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment