Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"More Than a Makeup Artist" from Key to Savannah.com

From the wedding blog edition from Key to Savannah.  I was asked to be a guest blogger for this series.  Here's what I had to say:


Savannah is a magical place full of history, beauty, and romance. It’s no surprise to me that ninety percent of my business is destination weddings. I quickly relocated from Central Florida within a week of my first visit, almost 3 years ago. Savannah wedding vendors are a special breed, since we all have the same goal for the bride—a dream experience come true.

 
 I have had the honor of being a part of many weddings here in Savannah. I cherish so many wonderful stories, couples, and memories from each one. Every vendor has their own special role on the big day. My role is small, but mighty. I usually don’t get to see the actual wedding, or the first dance, but I do get to spend one on one time with the bride. On the wedding day, this time is very limited, but very precious. She sits in my director’s chair and is finally able to be calm and just relax. That is her sole responsibility for the next couple of hours while I pamper her. What a wonderful responsibility on such a stressful day! I’m not only her makeup artist; I’m there to give her the full beauty experience. My job is much more than makeup. My goal is to make her feel amazing, light-hearted, and beautiful.


 She may not be nervous about marrying the man of her dreams, but she may be nervous about being the center of attention, or even tripping down the aisle. Since her beauty team, or “glam squad”, are usually the last few vendors she sees before “go time”, we try our very best to make her feel so amazing she could just float down the aisle! I’m lucky enough to have a wonderful partner in beauty, Tiffony Simpson of Ony Salon, who is not only a top professional stylist, but also one of my best friends. Since we are so close, this sets a comfortable tone and fun energy for the entire bridal party. We quickly ease pre-wedding jitters with jokes, hugs, and two big smiles! It often feels like a girl’s only party, which is more fun than you know!


Beyond the experience, I offer my clients exceptional, quality makeup artistry. Covering up blemishes and dark circles is only part of my mission! For weddings, most photos and videos are shot in high definition. This means every imperfection will show up! Being a professionally trained artist, I understand lighting and photography techniques as well as tricks of the trade. Flawless skin, makeup that lasts all day, and a picture perfect look is exactly what I provide my brides. Photography and videography are such important investments that last for many years, so I make sure all of my brides look their very best.
And maybe, when they look back at how beautiful they were, they’ll think of me. That is the best part of my job! There’s a special bond that is formed when you are a living your dream by being a part of someone else’s. I’m extremely proud to be counted among Savannah’s finest!

Photography credit: Allison Reisz, Shot by Roxy, & Joshua Branstetter of Jabberpics

No comments:

Post a Comment