Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Mascara Review

One perk of being a makeup artist is getting to try so many amazing products!  I have been sent quite a few mascaras recently and wanted to let you know which I loved.. and some, not so much.  I'm based out of Savannah, GA where the humidity is insane!  I have tested all the brands in the crazy heat for weeks and this is what I've come up with:

#1 Make Up For Ever- Smoky Lash
Out of the brands listed, this is my absolute favorite.  Why is it my fav?  This mascara is amazing with or without curling and primer.  I don't always have even time to do all the steps or the want... I know, I'm a bad makeup artist!  Love the full brush. It doesn't smear or run despite the record breaking humidity.  For $22, this mascara is worth every penny!


#2 MAC- Zoom Lash
I really like the mascara because it creates volume and you can easily build up the lashes.  I also love that it is smuge-proof.  For $14, this is a great buy!



#3 Smashbox- Hyperlash
This mascara comes in at #3 on my list because it is beautiful with curling & primer.  If you don't have the time or the want, this one won't give you the VaVa Voom you are most likely looking for.  But with the extra help, it is really nice.  It has more of comb applicator vs. a brush.  I tend to favor a full brush.  This is a good buy at $21.


#4 Naked Minerals Black Out Mascara
Now you all know I LOVE Naked Minerals Pressed Foundation but I do NOT love this mascara.  The reason is because smudges!  And smudges bad.  I tried it 3 days in a row.   I tried with & without primer to find the same result.  It is all natural, but for $15 it's on the bottom of my list.

I hope this helps you find a great match.  I also love Avon's Wash Off Waterproof & L'Oreal Double Extend in the gold package.  My top 3 are found at Sephora.com.

For primers: Try 1000 Lashes from Hard Candy or Layer from Smashbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment